- Our human resources department will help you acclimate to the San Francisco area __________ your arrival there.(A) when (C) upon
(B) while (D) ifCorrect: C
2. For being the top ________ real estate saleswoman of the quarter, Susan Miller received the accolades of her manager
(A) produce (C) produced
(B) production (D) producing
- Your accommodations at the Pan-Pacific Hotel in Vancouver __________ been confirmed for two nights.(A) having (C) have
(B) has (D) have toCorrect: C
Category: Subject Verb Agreement
4. President Smith’s ________ assistant will accompany her on her trip to New York this week.
(A) executing C) execution
(B) executive (D) executable
5. ________ John accomplished little as production supervisor, he was fired.
(A) Even though (C) While
(B) In spite of (D) Because
Category: Subordinator Adverb Clause
6. It was quite an accomplishment to turn the company around in such ________.
(A) time a short (C) time a short
(B) short, a time (D) a short time
7.Talks have broken off because the two companies have been unable ________ an accord.
(A) to reach (C) reach
(B) reaching (D) they reached
8. According to our records, your checking account is $123.00 ________ as of this morning.
(C) was overdrawn
(D) to overdraw
9. You ________ an accountant calculate your taxes and complete your return.
(A) should let
(C) could have been
(D) might need
10. Should you decide to take our money market ________ account, interest will accrue at a rate of 4.5% per year.
(A) to check
11. She has yet to achieve her goal ________ the company on sound financial footing.
(A) by putting
(B) with putting
(C) of putting
(D) on putting
Category: Preposition + Gerund
12. William’s ________ of accomplishment within the company is only exceeded by his record of service to the community.
13. Pacific Gas and Electric refused to acknowledge receiving our letter ________ complaint.
14. Mr. Young is a business acquaintance whom I met at our annual convention ________ year.
- Dutch Telecom is reportedly seeking to acquire VoiceStream Technologies for ________ fifty billion dollars.(A) some
(D) manyCorrect: A
- AOL’s acquisition of Time Warner was accomplished mainly as a result of selling shares in ________ company.(A) their
(D) they’re aCorrect: C
17. As of Mr. Jones’ ________ from the company, Janet Jackson has been appointed acting head of the Trust Division.
18. You may activate your credit card by calling 1-800-888-0002 at any ________ 24 hours a day.
19. According to actuarial calculations, the average male born in the United States has a life ________ of 74 years.
20. To become the CEO of a corporation, one must ________ extraordinary business acumen and aggressive leadership skills.
(C) have possessing
(D) have been possessed